Diabetes: know these warning signs!
With the changing lifestyles and habits, people are more prone to diseases. Meanwhile, these days it is very common to see that even the young ones are dealing with diabetes and heart issues. The problem in our generation is we only believe in the things that we hear from others. However, it is more important to keep your knowledge update now and then. Diabetes is not something that is only caused due to over intake of sugar. But it is also caused due to obesity, genetics, and even in pregnancy. Meanwhile, if you know what are the symptoms and warning signs of it you can treat it in the early stages. Here through this thread, we are going to give you some easy-to-understand tips and methods through which you can make your body more healthy and free of any disease.
Understand the types of diabetes
Diabetes mellitus is a condition in which your body produces high blood sugar. In this disease, your body is either unable to make enough insulin or can’t properly use the insulin. This can affect your pancreas, nerves, eyes, kidneys in a long run. This was a brief overview of diabetes. Now to clarify, and make you more clearer view to compare your condition read the types below.
Type I diabetes
This is the most common type of diabetes. It is seen in 10% of the population. It is known as an autoimmune disease. This means the immune system in your body attacks the pancreas and destroys its cells. And because insulin is released through the pancreas it affects the blood sugar levels. And people suffer.
Type II diabetes
In this type of diabetes, the body starts to become resistant to insulin. Due to this, your body starts building up sugar and stops utilizing it. Generally, it is seen in overweight and obese people.
When your blood sugar in the body shoots up to higher than normal. But at the same time, it is not as high as in type 2 diabetes. Then this type is considered to be the prediabetic type of diabetes.
This is caused is pregnancy. It is because, during pregnancy, the blood sugar levels are very high and the placenta somehow blocks the release of insulin. Generally, it is a short period of diabetes and after delivery, this condition can be gone or treated.
Symptoms to look after the warning signs
If you suspect yourself to be a diabetic then you must look for the following symptoms. If you have any of these then you can contact your doctor. Also, if you are at the starting stages then diet and lifestyle can also make a huge change in your life. But most importantly look after the warning signs.
- Increased appetite
- Too much dehydration or thirst
- Sudden extreme weight loss or excessive overweight.
- Frequent urination
- Weak eyesight blurring in vision.
- Wounds take a lot of time to heal.
- Fatigue, exhaustion
Always look after the signs that your body is trying to give you. Because your body tries to communicate you for everything all you need is to look for the signs and it’s messages it is trying to give.
Treatment of diabetes: natural and medical
No wonder there is a solution for every problem in our mother nature. It can solve almost all issues and deadly diseases if you look after it. The natural way to treat diabetes is to follow a routine. Look after the intake of carbs that you take in your entire day. Do move your body and try losing some weight. Go with the fruits and vegetables that naturally make your insulin normal. Such as blueberries, chia seeds, flax seeds, pineapple, etc.
There are different types of treatments available according to your type of diabetes. For instance, for gestational diabetes, you only need to follow some mild insulin-releasing tablets or medicine. Because at that time the baby is also at risk. But with type 2 and type 1 diabetes your doctor may or may not advise you to take diabetes injections and even tablets altogether. It depends on your stage and condition.
Prevention is better than cure
- The best and most popular saying is, prevention is always better than cure. However, type 1 diabetes can not be controlled because it is due to its direct attack on the immune system. Meanwhile, you can still prevent some of the types by the following measures.
- Eat healthy stay healthily: the topmost solution to treat diabetes is switching to fresh and healthy food. Try to eat more vegetables and fruits in your daily diet. Also, make sure to eat fewer carbohydrates because carbs promote the level of sugar in your blood.
- Try moving your body: doing exercise for 15 minutes a day is the secret to a young and healthy living life. If you will make a habit of moving your body for 15-30 minutes daily it will not only save you from just diabetes but will also prevent many diseases such as cardiovascular disorders. If you don’t have time for exercise you can also go for a walk. But make a routine of burning those calories.
- Eat-in intervals: the best way to keep you away from the risk of diabetes is to eat in small intervals. Try munching healthy snacks such as dry fruits, fruits, or salads every 2-3 hours. It is proven to be very beneficial for preventing diabetes.
- Keep your body in shape: try losing weight. Keeping yourself in the proper weight and avoiding overweight can save you from the risk of type 2 diabetes. Hence it is very important to look after your weight.
This thread includes a brief and basic overview of diabetes. All information shared is well studied and researched. Always keep updating your knowledge regarding your surroundings and do not fall for the stereotypical myths. Share this with someone who might need it.
Eat healthily! Stay positive!